OT - Modo 401 in two days.

2693.21 In reply to 2693.19 
I'm no expert on MoI yet, but let me tell you how I set up the MoI file that seemed to work fine when imported into modo as far as assigning materials goes:

- In MoI, I would select one or more objects that I wanted to assign the same material to, then click on a color swatch in the "Styles" palette (say Green).
- Then I would click on the "unnamed" item in the properties sheet in the top right hand corner of the MoI window and enter a name for the items in the pop-up dialog that appears (e.g. "foo").
- Then I would export a .obj file (e.g. "MoI_test.obj") and import it into modo.

When I imported the .obj into modo, I observed the following:

- In the modo "Items" list, there would be a group with the same name as the .obj file I imported (i.e. ""MoI_test").
- Inside the group would be a modo mesh with the name "foo" containing the set of MoI objects I had called "foo".
- In the "Shader Tree" tab, there would be a material called "Green", corresponding to the MoI "style" I had assigned to the items.

My guess is that you did not assign your MoI objects a MoI "style", which means they probably all ended up using the default modo Shader Tree material. So all the drag and drop stuff you did in modo was probably just replacing the same material over and over. Just a guess though.

Hope that helps...

Dave Morrill