Export as LWO to Modo...scale issue???

2686.2 In reply to 2686.1 
Hi slayer, which version of MoI are you using, v1 or the v2 beta?

In the current v2 beta there is an option under Options dialog > Import/Export > LWO options for "Scale output units to meters".

Try checking that option and then I think that will solve your problem - it seems that the way that Modo works for units is that it is expecting the data in the .lwo file to always be stored in meters and if it is some other unit system it needs to be scaled. By checking that option that scaling will happen and then you should see the proper result.

If you are using MoI v1, there is that same option available but you have to edit the moi.ini file to set it. To do that, close down MoI and open up the moi.ini file in a text editor like notepad. The moi.ini file is located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini
That's on Windows XP, it is slightly different on Vista, let me know if that is what you have.

Once you open up moi.ini, look for the [LWO] section, and there is an option there:
[LWO]
ScaleToMeters=n

Switch it to be =y and then you should probably be set up.

Please let me know if that does not work for you or if you have any difficulty changing the moi.ini file if you are using MoI v1.

- Michael