Great Package - I have some questions

Hi all,

Great package! - I found modelling in Sketchup so intuitive and enjoyable (yet limited) that I hunted for a package that had the nice 'push-me-pull-you' simplicity yet some real modelling chops for complex work - Imagine my surprise when I found it all in this package. Kudos to all concerned - It's just amazing. To anyone who remembers NURBS in Softimage 3d and all their attendant horror - you have split the atom modellingwise. Hats off.

I have however hit a few stumbling blocks and queries which I would love to get sorted out - these might be down to my workflow and congenital idiocy but I here goes anyway. Apologies if this is retreading old ground.

MODELLING:

Can there be a method where when you intersect a line with another that the package would have the option to auto-trim that intersection (perhaps holding down a key whilst doing this might effect the trim action) - just saves a few steps (which get repeated all day in my case).

Is there a way to widen the 3d view (I was building a small 3d set and constantly passing through the back wall - a "zoom" out function would be great. (NB: although it is described in the documentation as zooming it is more like tracking/walking with the middle mouse button - an actual "field of view zoom" would be great)

If not the zoom then the "hide" function would be a fine alternative - if you could work on the item in isolation (currently it seems to jump back out to "everything-in-view" as soon as you click in the window to do anything
- am (A) I missing something or (B) an idiot?

EXPORTING :

Getting rid of construction curves for export : my model ends up as a mildly respectable series of nurbs surfaces and a couple of trillion construction lines which seem impossible to separate - bar the obvious brute-force 'one-at-a-time' method - am I missing something (I assumed alt-select might grab curves only - tried all the guessable options but no dice)

Bringing it all into max: This is the real reason for my post - No matter how I try I seem to end up with 2 issues :

1. A jumble of polygons facing in different "normal" directions : This is just impossible/laborious to clean up in max - (unify normals in max is, frankly, useless). Yes, I hear you shout, I could just hit it with a Double-sided material but something seems lazy to me about that. Also lots of double lines which I attribute to the modelling curves, Is it my modelling method?

2. Modelling errors which escape detection in moi : Z_fighting and weird poly errors once it arrived in Max. Some viewport and render errors which look like coplanar polys fighting, - random poly errors which I guess is my old construction curves coming back again (obviously being rendered as polys)

I attach pics from moi/max (imported as iges) where the polygon flipping is apparent as well as z-fighting around the window frame (there is only one surface there I can assure you - checked many times) - I have tried all the import options that make sense to me (IGES and OBJ with output quads n' triangles, angle 3 at last attempt).

I am certain that much of this is pilot error on my own part - Congratulations on a great intuitive modeller - I am certain it is the future.

Best

JTM>