3D Coat v3 released

2677.31 In reply to 2677.26 
Hi neo,

> Are You Being Sarcastic? If not here we go.

No, I really didn't understand what your goal was for all of this.

I mean, in some aspects it is kind of like trying to put a square peg into a round hole...

If your goal is to get the final output into SolidWorks, then that makes more sense to want to do these kinds of steps - I didn't know that was your final goal until your new message here though!

So does that final goal of export to SolidWorks also apply to what you wanted to do with that couch example you posted previously?

With that one you still may be better off starting with a Sub-d modeler and making the general folds and ripples in it by manipulating the sub-d point cage. Then you bring that into t-splines and convert it to NURBS there. Right now that seems to be the main workflow for that kind of a thing.

But that quadrangulate result you show after voxel sculpting is looking pretty good, that looks like it may be promising!

The nice thing about that voxel method is that it should not be sensitive to what you use as the starting shape - whether it is initial sub-d data or initial CAD data exported from MoI it should not make any particular difference because the final result is extracted from the voxel structure.

- Michael