MoI student license

Hi people. I'm new here, but some people may know me from PushPullBar. I posted this question over there as well, as there are some MoI fans on PPB as well.

I have a school project that i have to finish in two weeks and I would prefer to do it with the MOI 2.0 beta.
Right now it's bit of Rhino, a bit of MOI 1.0 trial version, a bit of sketchup, in fact it's a bit of a mess..
It's a project on a highway interchange, so it's exactly the sort of geometry MoI likes for dinner.
I'll probably need Rhino for some more complex operation though.

The Rhino to SU export is terrible, 3dm to 3ds to skp is not much better. Also tried the demo of Sycode's 3dm to Sketchup exporter, it's not any better actually.. It only takes meshes and it costs as much as a MoI license.
So I'm craving for the SU import and export and the layer and group options in MoI 2.0 beta...

Some questions - apologies if some have been answered here before, i'm a bit short of time for the moment..

Is the latest beta stable on larger projects? If it's not stable on large models I could still model in MoI and export and assemble in SU. Still, everything in MoI would be preferable.

How are the SU exports of more organic shapes? Do you have control over the poly count in SU?

And anyone ordered a student license? Do you get a license number right away? I can't wait until Monday, I need it running tonight or I'll have to find another workflow.. And the full license, well... It's almost the end of the month

The beta will be functional until the full release of 2.0 if I understood correctly. I presume the 2.0 will be there soon and I don't want to be in the situation where the beta is no longer functional just before the end of the project. With the only option of paying an upgrade.. Any news on that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I hope to be around here more often, I love what I've seen from MoI up to now!