New stretch function for v2.0?

2639.3 In reply to 2639.1 
Hi David, thanks very much for your order, I'm glad that you like MoI!

re: Stretch function like 2D AutoCAD

You can get the same function as AutoCAD's stretch command in MoI by turning on control points for curves that you want to stretch. Points are turned on or off by using Edit/Show pts.

After you have turned on those points, just do a window select exactly like you would inside of AutoCAD's stretch command. That will capture just some of the points and then you can drag them or use the Move command which will then move just those points over and leave the other ones undisturbed.

Here's an example video:

The stretch function in AutoCAD works in the same way, it just basically enters into a special mode when that command is started so that only control points are picked to be modified when you do the window select for what area to modify, it just doesn't really show you the individual points.

In MoI just turn on control points first and then you can do the same kind of thing with a regular window select + drag or move.

Or if you need a scale factor you can also use the Transform/Scale command on those selected points as well. But if I remember right the AutoCAD Stretch command does not let you enter in scale factor actually - it lets you enter a "displacement" value which is a distance to move. To get that same kind of displacement in MoI you could use "Distance constraint" with the Move command. When you are in the Move command, just type your distance in and your Move will be constrained to use that distance amount and then you pick the target point to define which direction to go.

Please let me know if that doesn't do what you need, or if you need some additional information!

Thanks,
- Michael