SAT export of spheres into Revit

2634.5 In reply to 2634.4 
Hi Michael!

Thank you for taking a closer look at this problem and explanations on Isolines.

There is definately a bug in sat importer in revit, and it was filed to autodesk.

Autodesk said that there's no bug as all their software exports and imports SAT correctly, and they are not responsible for possible problems with other than Autodesk SAT exporters and indeed Autocad sats work flawlessly

Nevertheless, its always good to adjust sat export for possible known bugs of autodesk software (if we finally get to know how) as it will give MoI very good export abilitites not only to Revit but to Inventor and so on - I think a valuable marketing point for MoI for the future (more people will migrate from Autodek to MoI)))

If you download revit I'd recomend that you stop(cancel) contentdownloader in the end of the installation process as it takes a lot of time to download content specific to arch which I think you won't need. The installation will finish sucessfully anyway..

And the last - as we saw from your test sat files you are already able to make modifications and the sphere almost went though the second test

But what I also thought about is we might overcome this problem if MoI had 3D dwg exporter (in solids mode)
(which in itself all the same write acis solids but then wrap it up into dwg..)

Regads,
Igor