SAT export of spheres into Revit

2634.19 In reply to 2634.18 
Hi Igor,

> All those test sat files you provided except for one
> didn't get into my Revit correctly..

Hmmm, that's strange - those same exact files do not all work for you?

I took those screenshots directly from the file imported for Revit (all the ones that were white in that previous message), so that is strange that all those examples worked for me but not for you...

Are we possibly using different ways to bring the data over?

What I did for those tests was to save as SAT from MoI (those SAT files in that spheretest.zip file were all generated that way), then to bring it into Revit I used Insert / Import CAD, which pulls up a dialog that lets me pick ACIS SAT Files as one of the file types to insert:

I just gave them a try again and once again did not have any problem reading in any of the files: test1.sat, test2.sat, test3.sat, or test4.sat .

But one note - the initial display after loading seems to be quite sparse, I did not get the enhanced wireframe view until I moved the mouse over the object and clicked on it to select it. That seems to draw the object in a somewhat better quality enhanced wireframe display. Those screenshots that I took were with the object selected so you could more easily see the additional edges that it displays when selected.

What are the results that you are seeing with those 4 test files - I mean what happens on the ones that don't work, do you get a dialog saying that SAT data cannot be read in, or do you get the temporary sparse wireframe that then becomes more detailed after you select the object?

Also which version of Revit are you using again? These tests that I was doing were with version 2010.

Thanks,
- Michael
Attachments: