curve array enhancement

Can't wait for instances...........!

Anyway I guess it would work manually by placing circles with a predetemined radius at each intersection like this:

Then just draw each line to each intersection. This would achieve the same result. Currently i think the MOI intersection snap could be improved: when I try and rotate the line in my previous post from one end and using the far end of the line as the rotation point when I intersect the elipse im wanting to snap to the intersect just runs up and down the elipse line rather than just snapping firm to where the official intersection hits it i.e. when the endpoint of the line hits the curve as it is rotated. Could this be improved?

Cheers

EDIT: If moi could do the circle technique (IE straight line distance between points where the circle of radius x intersects the line) internally like it does the number along the curve at the moment, then that would help to get the right base size for the initial element, at the moment that would be very much trial and error and not very 'CAD' like.

EDITED: 12 May 2009 by RHODESY