curve array enhancement

2626.26 In reply to 2626.25 
Hi Rob,

> Yes thanks for the link to the tank track post Michael, but im
> baffled to see how it works!

You know, I wasn't sure about that myself when I was looking over it again. I think that may have turned out well in that case just due to luck...

Because yeah you are right that array on curve goes by distance traveled along the curve, so polylines made in this way do not have equal length lines in them.

I guess by luck that previous one just did not happen to have much variation in the lengths just due to its regular curvature in the rounded areas.

So I suppose scratch that recommendation! :)

> I was wondering if it was possible for MOI to have an extra
> method that uses the straight line method for its calculation?

Generally something that is highly specialized like that would probably be some kind of plug-in rather than something that gets added to a fully general purpose function like the regular array curve...

The kind of thing you are talking about there just is not very general purpose - for example how would it behave when arraying a closed curve? What about when arraying a solid rather than a curve at all, etc...

When something only works on a very certain kind of geometry arrangement, that kind of brings out of the realm of the "general purpose" modeling toolset and more into a special focused kind of toolset.

With MoI, I'm still kind of in the phase of trying to make more progress in the "general purpose" toolset.

- Michael