Styles

2619.22 In reply to 2619.20 
Hi Pilou,

> does it possible or it is silly question to replace esoteric shortcut
> by a real name in the first column?
> for your above example : Hidden ? (for H )

That would only be easily possible with no other steps if I had already created every single possible script in advance and put them in a kind of "script library" which had a "simple name" associated with each script.

That's basically what a "command" is actually.

But it's just not possible for me to create every possible thing in advance - I'm always creating new scripts that are customized for someone's particular request.

The only way I could have every possible script done in advance is if I could foretell the future and know in advance every possible batch type action that will ever be requested... Not so easy to know unfortunately! :)

If you'd like, you can actually copy that script code to a separate .js text file, and put it in a \scripts sub-folder underneath MoI's main installation folder, and then you can list the name of that .js file as the Command part in the shortcut key editor, rather than the full "inline" script code.

In the future at some point, I think I'll be able to make some kind of different distribution method for scripts, like maybe instead of posting the script code for copy/paste like I did here, at some point maybe I will distribute the code in a .zip or .js file and then you would do something like drag/drop it on to MoI's main window to "install" it.

But I don't have any mechanism like that in place currently, and actually it may result in more steps, because copy/paste is pretty quick, you don't need to create or save (or then cleanup) any additional files with the current method.

I guess probably the best method would be if I had a script library that was stored on my web server, and then had a kind of browser built into MoI that would go to the web server and show you all the scripts stored there and let you pick one. But that is a fair amount of work to make something that ties into an online service like that. It would probably be the best way but would require enough work that I'm not sure when I would be able to do it.

- Michael