Inherit style

2581.8 In reply to 2581.7 
Hi Brian,

> "Have you needed to edit the .ini file yourself?"---
> I don't understand Michael!

Well, I don't really know how to ask it much more simply than that...

The question is - have you ever needed to edit the .ini file to set an option that you personally needed to use.

> "make it possible for advanced users"---as I said--
> an esoteric approach!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.... Do you mean that I should tell advanced users that they can't do what they need with MoI?

Please realize that MoI is used by a variety of people, including both beginners/hobbyists like yourself as well as people doing very specific and advanced use.

Some functions in MoI are targeted at advanced users, but I have put in a lot of effort to keep the main UI easy to use, that's why advanced users may need to edit the .ini file to turn on some things of particular interest to them, so that it won't make the UI seem like a 747 dashboard to beginning users.

Some discussions in this forum will be about advanced uses of MoI - if these discussions are confusing to you, then my best advice to you is to just skip over them if they don't apply to what you want to use MoI for.

> The post elsewhere that we may not need, soon, an electron
> microscope--and LONG temper-- to cure/find unknown/overlaid
> selection/joints searching of problems---whacco.

I really have not the faintest idea what you are talking about here Brian...

What electron microsope? What other post, could you give a link to it? What joints? What about overlaid selection?

I don't remember anything along these subjects that was recently discussed.

Are you sure you're not talking about a message from some other forum or something like that??

If you find it to be unacceptable that MoI accomodates advanced users by letting them set options in the moi.ini file, then I'm afraid that MoI is just not going to be the right tool for you. Many times options like that are added as a courtesy to other users to help them with particular tasks, but not get in the way of beginning users. This kind of effort that I put in to help people get their jobs done is not going to be going away anytime soon. I mean most people appreciate that a lot, I don't understand why you find it to be a problem...

- Michael