Inherit style

2581.36 In reply to 2581.35 
Hi Danny, yeah I could definitely use some more information, that whole system is not at all clear to me currently.

> The category becomes the parent to the layers, where you
> can control on/off of individual layers or turn on/off the
> category which contains those layers.

I'm not really following... Like for example what if you have "Category A" which is a parent of "Layer 1" and "Layer 2". Then you have "Category B" which is a parent of "Layer 1" and "Layer 5".

Now you set Category A to be turned off, and Category B to be turned on.

What happens to things on "Layer 1" - should things on layer 1 be turned off like Category A says, or should they be turned on like Category B says?

Or do objects not belong to a layer and instead belong to a category, or something like that?

I think your layer system there is kind of different than what I am used to thinking of as "traditional" layers - to me traditional layers means a system like AutoCAD where you have a list of layers, each of which has a name, a color, and an on/off state (and other properties like line type, etc...). Objects reside on one layer and they take on the appearance and properties of the layer that they are on.

If what you refer to as "layers" do not have properties like colors associated with them, I guess they may be a kind of different concept or something... ?

- Michael