Inherit style

2581.17 In reply to 2581.16 
Brian, we've been over this before quite a few times...

Custom scripts are things that I put out all the time to help people do some specific task.

I cannot foretell the future so it is not possible for me to put every single possible script that will ever be needed into the software all in advance.

There will always be new ones that I develop to help someone do a particular task at hand.

This is a great feature of MoI, that is is able to have this kind of flexibility to have it get extended instead of it only being locked into what is possible with the default install.

In the future, I may migrate some of those things into the default install. But most of them are not particularly of use to everyone, many of them are specialized things and only of use to someone doing a particular task.

By having those things separate, it helps to keep the default MoI install to be simple and less "esoteric".

Loading the default MoI down with a bunch of different shortcut keys that are not of general use would make it _more_ esoteric, not less.

That is part of the overall MoI philosophy to try and keep the main program streamlined and easy to use and not load it down with a bunch of things which are not of use to a majority of users.

I don't recognize the MoI philosophy that you are talking about, as far as I can tell what you are talking about is "jam in as much stuff as possible even if it is not useful to everyone" - that is the opposite of the actual philosophy.

- Michael