Inherit style

2581.15 In reply to 2581.12 
Hi Micha,

> * I would like to see the ini file stored in the MoI programm
> dir - or can I simple move it?

You can just move it there if you want. When MoI starts up it looks for one in that location first and will use it from there if it finds it.

It is not placed there by default because Microsoft recommends that programs should not create or modify files in the \Program Files folder during regular program use (other than install times).

That's actually more than just a recommendation - it is enforced in other situations, like if you are logged in as a limited user (with no administrator rights on the machine), any attempt to modify \Program Files will fail, and under Windows Vista it will pop up one of those UAC "Do you want to allow" dialogs for a normal user.

So MoI places the .ini file by default in that other location to be compatible with these situations.

> * the ini could get some Space line between the different sections

You can just hit Enter at the end of any line to add in as many spaces as you want.

I wish that they were added by default, but MoI just uses the standard Windows functions to write the options to the .ini file, and when Windows adds a section it does not put a space before it. You would need to talk to Microsoft to update that behavior.

- Michael