Release notes on Apr-12-2009 v2 beta

2575.8 In reply to 2575.7 
Hi niko,

> but what about a combound curve where 2 or 3 points of
> it for example have to be planar?

That seems to be a pretty infrequent situation for the majority of users.

You can already do the same thing there as well, just switch to the ortho view to draw the 2 or 3 points that should be aligned with that view's plane. But now there is a new option that you can use by setting up a shortcut key.

Are you constructing some specific kind of models that has that kind of a thing come up often? If you could post an example that might help me to understand.

> but i think an option box would be more appropriate
> given the frequency of that situation.

As far as I can tell right now it seems to be a pretty low frequency thing...

I generally try to avoid putting a whole lot of advanced or specialized stuff into the main UI, otherwise it tends to make the whole program more difficult to use for everyone.

That's when having the function available on a keyboard shortcut works well - then the advanced user can have easy access to it, but the beginning or casual user does not need to be confronted with a complex UI.

Basically one big reason why MoI is easy to use is because of this careful consideration to try and avoid overloading the UI with too many things. That's something that I am trying to be careful to preserve as new stuff is added.

- Michael