V2 beta Apr-12-2009 available now

2570.6 In reply to 2570.3 
Hi Marco,

> But color solid object ????
>
> I hoped in the color and the group of objects, instead nothing.
> I am very sad for this.'s been made since beta 4.

Please don't forget that this is a _beta_ release, not a finished release.

Many things are still in progress.

I didn't want to delay the release any further so this release is a bit more unfinished in many of the new features than previous releases have been.

But the main other choice I had would have been to delay the release by some more weeks while I continued to work on things like shaded colors.

Would you have preferred that I did not release it now and instead waited for some more weeks to do it? I don't understand why that would be better though. I wanted to get my current results out there for testing.

At the moment the colors will only show up in the wireframe drawing, for curves and edges. That's until I have a chance to work on adjusting the lighting for solid objects, without an adjustment to the current lighting setup it was just too dark.

> I hoped in the color and the group of objects, instead nothing.

If you assign a style to a solid, you should see its edges take on the color of that style, which is not nothing.... Do you not see that currently?

There are also 3 different methods that you can use already as methods to deal with sets of objects - assign an object name to make that name show up under the Objects section. This is a lot like a group it is just not hierarchical.

You can also work with Styles or Types as other ways right now to work on a batch of objects.

Marco, really I don't understand some of what you write - you ask me many times to hurry up and release a new beta, so when I do what you ask and release it sooner rather than later then you say you do not like it to be released soon? It is very confusing for me to understand what you would like for me to do.

- Michael