V2 beta Apr-12-2009 available now

Hi Michael,

Love the new beta with the browser, congratulations!
It`s almost depressing to go to work every day and have to use Autocad for 8 hours a day when you know how fun Moi is to use.

One comment on the browser though,
For me it feels more natural when in ajecent mode that the browse is on the right side of the tools.
People tend to use the tools far more than the browser, so it would be great if you move the cursor the shortest distance.
Maybe a switch if you and most people disagree with me :)

Can`t wait for the next beta!

There is one things that I would want to see before you finalize V2, one rail sweep with mitered corners, PLEASE...

Another thing that would be great is a Merge Edge command (don`t mind if it`s a script).
I encounter situations on a regular basis where this tool would be handy.
I currently use Rhino for this at the moment, no biggie, would jst be cool if you implemented it.

As others have mentioned, a lock style/groups/objects etc. would also be nice.

What about the thing I suggested earlier for fast selection without the browser visible,
type the object name directly and the object would be selected.
You mentioned something about hitting the TAB key first and then type the object name.

Final wish/suggestion (maybe V3 or further down the line):
I like to think of Moi as a concept tool to generate geometry fast with many variations (though i have used it to make polished models too).
Wild idea: Have a simple pixel based sketcher inside Moi with just a few brushes, nothing extensive.
And the ability to set up a sketchplane with the Cplane tool maybe...
Would be cool for us tablet users. No more pencil/paper and scanners :)
I believe Alias has this, correct me if i`m wrong.
Don`t get me wrong, I`m not asking for Moi to become Alias, I love the simplicity and don`t want to loose that :)

Long post, haha, been saving up comments ;)

Anyway, love what`s been implemented/improved so far, keep up the good work!
Can`t wait to buy the final V2, my plastic is waiting.

Eric