V2 beta Apr-12-2009 available now

2570.203 In reply to 2570.202 
Hi Igor - like Burr I also tried a few different applications with your testObject.sat file and didn't see any problems in ViaCAD, Alibre, or the ACIS part viewer.

So it seems to be something that only Revit is particularly sensitive to.

I don't have Revit over here, so I'll probably need you to run a few tests to try and narrow it down to see what it doesn't like. Is there any kind of settings dialog or options for SAT import into Revit? If so then could you post a screenshot of what it looks like?

What happens if you export just a plain sphere all by itself (not booleaned on to anything else, just draw a single sphere)? Does that work or not?

Also, if you can get 2 SAT files prepared with one file that works and one that doesn't (with the same model in each), could you please post both those files here, plus the .3dm file for it as well? I may be able to examine the SAT files to see what is different between the one that works and the one that doesn't.

Another thing you can try in MoI is to turn on analytic output, which is a setting in the moi.ini file.

To edit the moi.ini file, shut down MoI first (since it write settings to file at shutdown), and then open up moi.ini in a text editor like notepad. If you are on WinXP, the moi.ini file is located here (Vista slightly different):
C:\Documents and Settings\ [your login name] \Application Data\Moi\moi.ini

In it there is a section like this:
[NURBS Export]
WriteAnalyticCurves=n
WriteAnalyticSurfaces=n

Try switching both of those to say =y instead, and save the moi.ini file - now when save the exporter will use "analytic entities" for some kinds of objects like lines, circles, and possibly spheres I think, rather than general NURBS entities. That may have some effect.

- Michael