V2 beta Apr-12-2009 available now

2570.109 In reply to 2570.106 
Hi okapi, yeah in the future I'm thinking of having a kind of drop-down menu on items, like maybe have an arrow that shows in the right-hand side of the text label when you move your mouse over top of that line.

Right-click won't really work because all the right-clicks are already taken on everything - right-click on an eye to do isolate, right-click on a swatch to set it as the active style, and right-click on the text to do an isolate selection.

So that's why there will probably be a drop-down arrow for that instead.

But that may take a while before I can get to that part.

Are you really changing your styles very frequently? I mean is it something that you go to mess with every few minutes?

It is generally not efficient to try and highly optimize operations that you don't need to do very frequently, in fact it can be kind of good to have those kind of non-optimized because it helps to leave the optimized spots for things that you may want to do several times a minute instead, like hide/show.

So it is not necessarily a priority to lower the number of steps for every single action.

However, having said all that, I would like to have a menu, that should work out pretty well I'm just not sure when I will be able to get it done.

Right now I think it is a higher priority to make things like styles work with mesh exports, rather than to optimize the styles editing tasks that are currently done with the modal dialog.

Although there definitely needs to be another entry point for that modal dialog, probably an "Edit" button that will show in the browser.

- Michael

EDITED: 15 Apr 2009 by MICHAEL GIBSON