V2 beta Apr-12-2009 available now

2570.103 In reply to 2570.88 
Hi Thomas,

> I'm still not sure if the leg is needed at all or if the line
> would be enough to divide the areas when only the upper
> corner of the tab would be rounded, but that may just be me ;-)

Yeah I think I will give it a try without the leg - with the dividing line that lets there be some more indentation on either side, that will probably help to differentiate it from the palette headers pretty well.

I should be able to give this a try in the next couple of days and post a screenshot.

> I tried the adjacent browser on my 30" with 2560x1600 and if
> enough objects are present, it extends just fine to the bottom.

You wrote "adjacent" here, but do you mean that you tried the "inside" mode on your large monitor?

> I think I will have all tabs expanded all the time and the browser
> visible all the time for greatest flexibility. Great system!

Great! Yeah with a high resolution screen the "inside" mode should help to make much better use of what was previously a bunch of empty space over there.

re: Automatic assigned object names - the main reason why I did not go in that direction was to kind of avoid flooding the list with a ton of items that may not have a lot of relevance to your current task... The general idea is that only showing named ones may help to make it easier to navigate the list since it will only contain the things that you have specifically labeled to be able to reference frequently...

Anyway, that's the reasoning behind it, it's probably worth having it out there for a while first before really making a decision on whether that is going to be good or bad.

But often times too large of a list of things can be kind of bad, taking extra time to sort through things to find the one you are looking for. It is kind of a general principle to try and avoid that, that is one of the kind of ingredients that sort of helps make MoI easy to use.

Let me know if it still seems strange after you get a chance to use it some more.

- Michael