Beta viewport manipulation issue (automatic pan shift?)

2526.5 In reply to 2526.4 
Hi Micha, so far I can't remember anyone other than you complaining about the new system... Like I mentioned it solves several problems with Rhino's older system.

> and viewport movement is fixed and I can feel "my"
> position at the virtual space.

Yes, that is part of why it causes a problem - it's forced to move only at a a speed directly connected with your mouse, which makes you have to "reset" your mouse location on the mouse pad over and over again to travel a farther distance. That kind of furious mouse "scrubbing" is unpleasant, it makes you wear out your mouse pad... ;)

For the next v2 beta I've added a setting in moi.ini that will allow you to disable the auto-pan mode if you want:
[View]
DisableAutoPan=n

If you set that to DisableAutoPan=y in the next v2 beta, it won't do that accelerated movement near the borders and instead just stay fixed to the same mouse distance same as how the mouse currently works until you get near the edge.

But I'm not currently planning on doing the cursor teleport thing - that is something that breaks really badly on any kind of "absolute mode" type pointer system, like a touch screen or pen tablet, and it is not particularly easy for me to always know when such a device is being used. So in general I do not intend to move the mouse cursor in some way that it does not move while under your normal control, like jump to the opposite edge of the screen.

- Michael