Construction history wish..

2517.7 In reply to 2517.6 
Hi Rob, no I don't think I'm going to be able to do that "direct modeling" style as a general method of work, that sort of requires an intensive analysis of the existing shape. That would require quite a large chunk of work, I don't think it would be feasible for me to attempt that.

What is feasible is doing something more along the "traditional" history based type thing where your sequence of actions is remembered and you can alter it and have the actions replay with your modified values to produce an edited result.

That kind of "replay action" type thing already is working to a certain extent, for example if you do a Sweep, after you have completed it you can edit the input curves and the Sweep is recalculated. But this only works if all the objects that are participating in the chain are currently in place inside the model. Some operations like trimming or booleans involve deleting an object and replacing it with a new one, that currently breaks the chain because the "pre-booleaned" object is not available to be accessed for the history replay. That's the part that I want to work on adding though.

- Michael