If I don't do organics, will MOI do everything I need?

2484.4 In reply to 2484.1 
Hi angeliclight,

> is it even necessary to bother with an app that has SubD
> modeling if I only want to do things like architecture,
> vehicles, and the like?

Well, it depends a lot on what kind of designs you are going to have for your architecture and vehicles.

Those are very broad categories, I mean architecture can mean anything from an outhouse to a "fun-house" style cathedral.

Similarly vehicles come in a huge variety as well.

I just don't think that I can give you a good answer without more understanding of the type of things within architecture of vehicles that you want to do.

For example, do you want to do Frank Gehry type architecture designs with a lot of swooping freeform shapes? Or more boxy standard type things?

> With that in mind, can anyone recommend a quality, yet
> easy to use, renderer (with materials) or is my lack of
> experience, again, not going in the right direction with
> this and I should really get a full-featured app?

Again it is pretty hard to answer this without knowing more specifically what you want to produce.

If you can show some examples of the kind of things you want to produce, it would help a lot to make a good recommendation.

For example, do you want to generate images that look very realistic?

Or do you want to generate images that have more of a hand-drawn sketch or comic type look to them?

Do you want to render in settings that include natural phenomena like plants, atmospheric effects, etc...

Or do you mostly want kind of "studio shots" that just show off a particular model?

There are a lot of different possibilities like that, and the best direction for you can vary a lot depending on what you want to produce.

If you don't know what you want to do, then I guess you would want to go with one of those full featured type apps since it will tend to cover a lot more different kinds of things with various plug-ins, etc...

If you know more specifically what kind of results you want to get, then there is a good chance that some more specialized (and therefore easier to use) software could possibly be used instead.

- Michael