If I don't do organics, will MOI do everything I need?

2484.34 In reply to 2484.32 
>>>Hi yannada, it is already pretty amazing that you can take your Catia data into MoI and that it looks so great!
I mean look at the quality of the display you're getting there just in MoI's current version.
I'd be interested if you could also show a screenshot of how that looks in Catia if you still have access to it right now.

Is more than IMPRESSIVE you can brink heavy models like that into MoI. The first time I went a bit crazy I imported something Really Really Heavy. MoI just PUNCH through it
The display quality you know very well is the best of the best. Ill ask for Catia Screen shot just for fun...

>>>MoI is probably never going to have all the exact same functions as Catia, because of this different focus. As time goes on there will be some more and more various kinds of things that get added to MoI, but it is not too realistic to think that it will become a 100% complete replacement for Catia if you are using a lot of the advanced functions in there.

I Could not agree more. I'm just hoping the main focus for the next releases is on more advanced surfacing tools, basically what is there but more enhanced...and not rendering etc.

>>>You can do a lot of interesting things with MoI in combination with Catia though even right now, like for instance you can run MoI on a netbook where there would be no hope of ever running Catia, do some simple designs really quickly and then be able to take your model data over to Catia for other stuff.

Correct, MoI really fits the bill for conceptual work, as I said more enhancements on modeling tools and is gonna be great.