If I don't do organics, will MOI do everything I need?

2484.32 In reply to 2484.29 
Hi yannada, it is already pretty amazing that you can take your Catia data into MoI and that it looks so great!

I mean look at the quality of the display you're getting there just in MoI's current version.

I'd be interested if you could also show a screenshot of how that looks in Catia if you still have access to it right now.

But of course keep in mind that Catia is something like 100x the price of MoI and is not focused so much on being easy to learn and use like MoI is.

MoI is probably never going to have all the exact same functions as Catia, because of this different focus. As time goes on there will be some more and more various kinds of things that get added to MoI, but it is not too realistic to think that it will become a 100% complete replacement for Catia if you are using a lot of the advanced functions in there.

You can do a lot of interesting things with MoI in combination with Catia though even right now, like for instance you can run MoI on a netbook where there would be no hope of ever running Catia, do some simple designs really quickly and then be able to take your model data over to Catia for other stuff.

- Michael