Text Tool and Unicode

Hello,
This may not have come up before, but it appears that the tool to create text only supports Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane (Plane 0) glyphs. When I try to use a glyph from one of the Unicode supplemental planes such as Plane 1 - Supplementary Multilingual, I can go to my font tool and copy the glyphs I want to use and paste them into the text tool box, but MoI isn't able to actually form the shapes. I am using an OpenType font in this instance but this occurs for both OpenType and TrueType fonts. The same fonts work fine for glyphs in Plane 0. I don't think there is a way to save this except to show you a screen cap. Granted not all that many people will be wanting to use Linear B or Cuneiform but there are some nifty glyphs out there that can be handy for historical or sci-fi use. Also effected is the supplementary CJK ideogram plane, one that I assume is used more often than Cuneiform.

Secondarily, for some reason the text tool isn't able to recognize things you type into it fresh, I have to close the tool and reopen it for the text to appear properly in the 3D views. It holds the last used text to reopen with, but I can't find a way to refresh the text being created while the tool is open. Am I missing something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time ;-) )
Attachments: