Some improvements for V2.0

2460.3 In reply to 2460.1 
Hi CU, thanks for your feedback!

The good news is that I do expect to make progress in all of the areas that you are asking about before v2 is complete.

Re: freezing while loading and progress bar - at the very least I am going to be able to make it so MoI does not "freeze up" while a large load is going on, and I think there is a good possibility to be able to have a progress bar as well, but I'm not completely sure about that part yet. This stuff is not going to be in the very next v2 beta but should be done before v2 is complete. And actually for the last Jan-19 beta there was a significant improvement related to this to not freeze up while exporting to a mesh format while the mesh is being calculated.

Re: Colored models - this is actually the area that I am working on right now, so I expect to have some progress here for the next v2 beta. It may not be until the next beta after that the information is stored in export files though, my initial focus is getting the UI for this done.

re: assigning names to IGES models - the work for exporting the names is not complete yet, I will probably be focusing on that at the same time that I do the color exports. I'm not completely sure yet, but I think that it is possible in IGES to store a name for an object.

So pretty much these areas are still in progress, there should be more stuff coming for them before v2 is complete.

- Michael