Wish: some default keyboard "shortcuts"

2459.2 In reply to 2459.1 
Hi Micha - for regular commands like Fillet for instance, you can normally just type some numbers in and your keyboard focus will be applied to the Radius control.

Also you can hit Tab to skip focus through different fields in the command options for regular commands - like for this one if you are drawing a rectangle and you want to go to the second field you can type Tab twice to get there to type in numbers.

Also for regular commands you can push Enter as an alias for pushing the "Done" button.

However, this is for the command options area which populates controls in the upper-right corner of the screen for normal commands, I haven't really got this working yet for dialogs.

In general it is not as common to have dialogs in MoI, the majority of things use that dedicated command option area, the mesh export dialog is a major exception to this.

I do have it on my list to improve keyboard handling for dialogs as well, it just has not been much of a priority since they are not heavily used in most cases. I'll take a look to see if there is anything that I can do pretty easily, but I'm not quite sure yet how much work that will be. If it ends up being very much then it may be a while before I'm able to get to this one.

- Michael

EDITED: 3 Mar 2009 by MICHAEL GIBSON