Meshing ... tests and wishes

2451.61 In reply to 2451.58 
Hi Micha, thanks for sending the file.

All right, so I think I see what is happening here (on your "Avoid smaller than" problem)

The way it is currently set up, when a polygon is out of angle tolerance, if there is an "Avoid smaller than" value set, and one direction (U or V direction I mean) is under that distance and the other is over, it will split it in the long direction rather than in the short one, without consideration of the angles in the different directions.

The reason for that is because it is trying to avoid making small polygon edges.... If it were to divide in that small direction it would cause it to make an even smaller edge.

The edge is already under that "Avoid smaller than" size and now it would become halved to become even smaller yet.

But it looks like the mechanism here of only focusing on avoiding small edge length at all costs is not the right thing to do though, I think that it should also consider the angles in this case and that should make it behave in a better way.

Tomorrow I should know more after a little bit of experiments, but I think I can see the proper way to fix it up.

- Michael