Export curves

2446.14 In reply to 2446.10 
Hi Alexito, nearly all of those formats that you list there do not any capability provided within the format to hold curves.

Those are mostly set up to only contain polygon mesh objects.

One exception in your list there is DXF - however DXF can contain a lot of various types of objects including polygon mesh objects as well as things like lines, curves, circles, arcs, .... But it is not unusual for programs that are designed to only work with polygon mesh data to skip all these other kinds of things and only read polygon mesh objects that can be found in a DXF file, most likely Bryce is set up like that.

If you'd like to try, I do have a DXF converter that you can download from here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/Resources#3dmCurves2DXF_converter

That is a small stand-alone converter program that can take a 3DM file saved from MoI with curves in it, and then generate a DXF file with curves in it.

You might give that a try, but my guess is that Bryce will not read the entire DXF file and will just skip the curves that are in it. But it is probably worth trying out.

Basically if a program is not designed to work on curves, then it is pretty hard to import curves into it, that's pretty much what you are dealing with I think.

- Michael