system decimal display

2445.18 In reply to 2445.17 
Hi Burr, sorry I don't think I'm quite following you on this last one.

> I used your question method on myself. "What happens if
> someone chooses 6 decimal places?"

I guess I'm not quite sure what part of the UI you are referring to now - are you talking about the "3 values on a single line" part that is displayed on the top level UI, or do you mean the fields in the Edit size popup menu that is displayed when you click on that size info?

If you install that patch above for the edit size popup (update your install's EditSizeMenu.htm with the attached version above) then that part should behave pretty predictably when you set 6 decimal places in the options, it should just display 6 decimal places there with the patch installed same as any other regular field that you see.

The one that has all 3 values on a single line is a special case and it just cannot adhere to the exact same standard as the regular fields do. But with that other previous update in place it will pay attention to your custom number of decimal places set for numbers less than 100.

> but that label could have some king of an "identifier" that
> means there are further digits in the realm of the decimal
> options. Does that make more sense? so like color or a
> character. Somthing like .54>

When you have moved things with the mouse you'll pretty much have values like 0.542598218938321 as the actual number in nearly all situations unless you've used something like grid snap. So basically that special character would be displaying pretty much all the time...

I'm kind of confused now - I thought the above patches would get your display set up how you needed with the 4 decimal places showing in that size area like you were wanting initially, is that not working right?

- Michael