system decimal display

2445.13 In reply to 2445.12 
Hi Burr,

> I still think a switch in the options or something is better
> than hard coding it into all operations.

The kind of tricky part is that in general when just one number is being displayed in a field like for radius or width, that doesn't have a problem showing a lot of decimal places.

This size readout is a special case though since it is trying to cram 3 numbers all together on one line, that makes it in particular have some special size considerations that aren't normally a problem.

To fit more stuff for that particular case, I needed to short the number of decimal places that are displayed when you get larger numbers like 1321 , etc...

To try and kind of "make up" for this shorting, I made that edit size menu display 4 decimal places of accuracy when it is opened, which normally is an increase in accuracy since the regular default is 2 decimal places. But you're definitely right that if you have set it to 5 places then that is actually a decrease, I will see if I can tune that up. That will probably take a small change to the field control itself rather than something in the .htm file, so that's one that I won't post here right away but should be able to be set up for the next beta.

- Michael