Line creation

2413.6 In reply to 2413.5 
Hi Rob,

> Does moi offer full functionality then - i see the options
> and it seems like it is well supported.

Yup, MoI fully supports the Space Traveler type device for handling view rotation as an alternative to using the mouse.

But the rotation style is still similar to the mouse action, that it is a kind of "focused on object" pivot where the camera point revolves around a specific target point.

You seem to be asking about a way to do the reverse - to pivot the target point around the camera rather than the camera around the target point. (Didn't you ask earlier about having the view stay focused on a specific point though?)

I tried the Cinema4D method, and it seems like that same kind of option could work well in MoI too - what I would do would be to add an additional option under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > Rotation style.

Currently there are 2 styles available there - "Rotate around world z axis" and "Free rotation" which are different methods of pivoting the camera around the target point. I think I could add another option there for "First person" which would then make view rotations operate in this other sort of "staying in one place and looking around" style.

I'll give that a try and see how involved it is to make that.

- Michael