Line creation

Thanks Michael + Danny,

Yeah I had a go on one of those when the allplan rep came round afew months ago and found it a bit tricky but I hear loads of people swear by them so think i'll give it a try - they seem to have come down in price quite a bit. Does moi offer full functionality then - i see the options and it seems like it is well supported. I think it could be the answer for me, going to order one today.

With the native implimentation into moi the rotating the camera about its axis (looking around) would work well like it does in Cinema4D when the camera option is switched to camera rotation. C4D uses the same gizmos as moi and works well. Basically use zoom and pan to move the camera and then rotate to look around.

Shame that there won't be any transparency in v2, i wasn't meaning rendering (not expecting anything like that) really just to inform the design process during the modelling process, so we can see through 'glass' but tell where the glass is rather than having to switch that layer off all the time. I mean its almost there as it is with the show hidden line option but everything is semi transparent with that on.

It was my mistake I had overlooked the ability to select a face on an object and extrude! I have been selecting the edges and extruding not the face, as I thought that would be more of a poly modelling technique! Excellent. But yes more history options and live boolean subtraction for negative extrusion would be great too.

EDITED: 17 Feb 2009 by RHODESY