MOI3D mesher plugin for Rhino? Closed

2398.74 In reply to 2398.73 
Hi Paolo,

> When you where working for rhino3d, how many programmers
> worked on the program?

For the initial 2 years or so I worked on it all by myself while several other programmers worked on a project called "AccuModel" which was an AutoCAD plug-in that used that same NURBS geometry library (called AGLib).

After something like 2 years or so of the initial work on it, it was looking like it was going to turn out a lot better than AccuModel, so everyone agreed to cancel AccuModel and shift everyone over to work on Rhino instead. As that ramped up I guess something like 7 or 8 people would work on various aspects of it. It took quite a while to finish even after that shift of resources, something like another 2 or 3 years after that.

So the final result was certainly a group effort, but it was sort of "my baby" as the phrase goes - there is no doubt it would never have existed at all if hadn't put a really intense effort to create it initially and get it going.

When I started MoI I had a lot more experience with software design than when I started Rhino, so it has been easier for me to do a larger extent of work on my own for it.

A bit of trivia: Early versions of Rhino were actually called Sculptura 2.0 , after an earlier modeling program that I had started while at college. But I had basically thrown away everything and started completely from scratch so after a while I decided to give it a brand new name rather than continuing it as Sculptura.

- Michael