MOI3D mesher plugin for Rhino? Closed

2398.21 In reply to 2398.16 
Hi jonah,

> So how difficult would it be to port the code?

Not horribly difficult... But not like a drop-dead easy thing neither, it would certainly need an investment of time, probably about as much as the overhaul for sweep that I want to do in MoI.

The big problem is that is just the tip of the iceberg - forking a codebase tends to create additional work over the long term for maintenance, like applying bug fixes in multiple places rather than in a single place.

Similarly adding new products adds additional support overhead for me as well.

I don't really like to do things that will add to my future work load, so that's basically why it is not too likely that I will be able to invest time in this.

The payoff would seem to be fairly minimal for me as well, since MoI has such a very low price currently and already works very easily in combination with Rhino already. The current version is already working well for a lot of people who would benefit from this function. I have been contacted by a few Rhino users who are looking for a plugin version since they want it to be lower cost than the current cost of MoI. But this is a pretty small number of people, I pretty much figure that if $195 is too much for someone, I'm not really very sure that they would really be able or willing to buy a plugin neither.

- Michael