Saving + placing camera views?

2396.12 In reply to 2396.11 
Thanks michael, i wouldn't consider it to be mainly rendering/presentation focused, although it can be used for that for sure. I guess things will be made easier with your new layers system which sounds like your trying to make it as flexible as possible (which is great). Also the hide tool (inverted hide) is useful for working on individual objects so maybe I just need to wait till v2 and see how that goes. I do have a request for the projection tool though which could be useful in this case and that is to have an option to auto group or connect the projected lines over multiple objects so in one opperation you could create a connecte line section through the whole model. On the outside it looks like the hard part is done with the ability to create multiple objects slices with one click - it would just be a question of having them all in one group on completion. Do you think that is a good/feasible idea?
Yes i think the zoom area tool is great, but this was more a request to easily rotate the camera on its axis whilst foucusing on the same point. Sometimes my camera will twist its way into a strange orbit and i'll end up looking at something on its side or upside down. Just looking for a slider perhaps which i can adjust to rotate the camera back to vertical for example. currently i just do lots of little circles with the rotate gizmo which eventualy brings this round again. Not a biggie though.
Multiple camera views definately a biggie for me too! Saves you moving your camera each time you want to view your model from a different angle - one camera for close up modelling and another to see the wider impact of those changes.

One reason why im seriously considering switching full time to moi is that I love this interaction you can get with the guy who actually writes/is in charge of the thing - much like fryrender or vrayforc4d (to a slightly lesser extent as they are at the mercy of Chaos group). To me this is becoming a major selling point in software selection. With archicad things move so slowly and it's a get what your given approach with no discussion on what the user wants, which often shows in its feature implimentation! So thank you so much for you responses michael.

p.s. below is just an example of how the section tool could be useful but, like i said maybe i just need to see how i get on with v2!
Image Attachments:
Size: 71.9 KB, Downloaded: 8 times, Dimensions: 647x484px
Size: 71.1 KB, Downloaded: 10 times, Dimensions: 721x902px