Moving object using the object frame, with a [Cen]ter snap.

2387.7 In reply to 2387.5 
Hi PaQ,

> I see. As this center point is somehow visible when snapping
> stuffs, I was thinking this might be visible by the cursor too
> even if there are no real geometry there. <...>

Well, it is possible that I could make it so that it was visible to the cursor for selection.

But that would probably have some pretty strange consequences in some situations.

Like for example here is an arc that happens to have its center point nearby a line curve that is a little ways away from it:

If arcs got selected by moving your mouse nearby their center point, it would mean that there would be an area pretty close to that line where the arc way off to the left would become highlighted there, rather than the line that was right next to your cursor being targeted for selection...

So it is probably not so great to make center points like that behave exactly the same as if you were on the object itself. But doing a kind of special grip that shows up only after it is selected (similar to the scaling and rotation frame grips) is probably less likely to run into this level of problem.

Anyway, the above is an example of the kind of "interference" that I'm generally worried about when adding more widgets that take up some part of the screen...

- Michael
Attachments: