Moving object using the object frame, with a [Cen]ter snap.

2387.5 In reply to 2387.4 
>> Hi PaQ, so you mean to do it only on things that currently have a Cen osnap on them like a rectangle, circle, arc, or ellipse?

Well in fact I often miss this center snap when working with the kind of shape you mention ... as circle osnap center = frame center, I was first thinking the center frame is ok, but now you talk about it, the Cen osnap would even be better when dealing with arcs.

>> Do you also mean you want to be able to select a currently unselected circle curve for example by clicking on its center point?

Yes ... well maybe it's a bad idea :P

>> One thing that is different with the disc surface situation is that there is an actual piece of the object at that center point, so the object can be selected (and highlighted, etc..) by moving the mouse over that spot. A circle or rectangle curve on the other hand doesn't have any part of the object itself at that center location, the "meat" of that curve object is all in the wires around the outside.

I see. As this center point is somehow visible when snapping stuffs, I was thinking this might be visible by the cursor too even if there are no real geometry there. You know, I don't see all the mechanic behind the viewport ;)

>> That's basically why I would think of having a kind of special "frame grip" for this kind of a thing rather than trying to enable it silently - enabling it silently would kind of mean making circles select if you moved nearby their center point, since dragging an object is related to selecting it with the mouse if that makes any sense. Having a special grip kind of avoids muddling this up with selection.

You certainly have a better vision about it than me, the frame grip center point sounds good in fact. Maybe some other users inputs are welcome too o)