Ray-fish

2352.31 In reply to 2352.30 
Thanks Lars! That's very nice of you. Actually I'd posted some interesting utilities which were made in early versions of GH (.wrm files). They should still work in the current GH versions. But if you open them, you will see I had to use many workarounds for nodes which were not available then. Now it's much easier! Anyway, my favorite utilities I made so far were:

**Bounding Box Analyzer - you can input as many Rhino objects as you like, then use sliders to flip among the inputs and see the measurements displayed on screen. Options for box display as bounding box, ghosted, or none... Now it's somewhat obsolete because of the BoxEdit plugin. But i still like the function of my GH version... :)

**Isocurve length analyzer - use sliders to measure isocurve length along any face of a polysurface. You could either use the surface isoparms, or slide to any point in between. Also you could adjust the thickness of curve display (by adjusting the radius of piped curve)...

**Live Sectioning - gives real time cross section display of any polysurface, with slider controls to move the clipping plane and also spin the plane along any axis. Also can flip direction, and can display either intersection curve, intersection plane, or cutaway solids...

**Snapping slider - creates an adjustable "snapping point" for a slider, and has adjustment for the snap tolerance...

I think i posted all those to the GH forum, but since then I'd made better versions which were not posted. I don't want to post them publicly because they're not well tested under different situations. But let me know if you want to play with them, I could PM them to you... I would like to rebuild the definitions for isocurve and for sectioning when I have time, because now they can be much improved with the scripting nodes involved. But I think maybe it's better just to learn programming and make proper tools as they would be much more efficient anyway!

I am jbarnett on the GH group... Thanks!

jonah