Meshingbug at 3DS-Export

2348.8 In reply to 2348.7 
Hi buk,

Do you happen to have a version of that object just after the holes have been cut but before applying the fillets?

If I can get that version then I can try to repeat the fillets over here and maybe have a chance to see what is going wrong.

It's unfortunately really hard to try and understand what is going wrong just by looking at the messed-up final results rather than being able to debug it as the problem is actually happening.

> the Nov-version exports the same mesh without any
> problem... not exactly tested yet

Is this with this same object, or another one?

Do you happen to have a multi-core machine? If so, then what are your machine specs, like what amount of system memory do you have?

The new release will use multiple cores during meshing, but one side effect of that is that it will also take up more memory since it is doing more work at the same time than the previous version. If you have multiple cores but not a lot of system memory then this could be a problem.

It is possible to limit the new Jan-19 build to only use 1 single core which should should also limit memory usage to the same level as previously. To do that, there is a setting in the moi.ini file, set:

[Mesh Export]
ThreadLimit=1

But if you could tell me some more info about your system specs that might be useful for me to better understand the problem.

Thanks,
- Michael