V2 beta Jan-19-2009 available now

2333.39 In reply to 2333.37 
Hi Brian!

> The only uni file I can find is in the V1 folder. I presume that is the one?

Yeah that will be the one.

By default the moi.ini file will be created in your "Application Data" folder which will be here:
C:\Documents and Settings\ [your login name] \Application Data\Moi\moi.ini

However, you can optionally move the moi.ini file to be in the same folder as MoI.exe if you like - it is not set up like that by default because someone who does not have administrator privileges on their machine cannot write data to the "Program files" folder.

But if you move moi.ini to be in the same folder as moi.exe then it will check for it there first and use it from there if it finds it, it sounds like you have moved the file over there at some point in the past.

> I note some odd files that have been added--highlighted
> with a red line--is it ok to delete them?

Yeah, those are just previous entries in your "Recent files" list - the list of your previously opened files that pops up when you open up the Files menu. You can delete them if you want but if you delete anything before the first blank one (the first one with nothing after the = sign) then it will clear out that list to be blank when you start out MoI the next time.

Those entries are not really doing anything bad though, is there some special reason why you want to remove them?

> 1.Added option for LWO export---
> I can not see the default Modo setting there?

It will get added automatically the first time that you do an LWO export. Otherwise if it is not added yet you can add it in manually if you wish.

> 2. Updated Nurbs export----
> Does one actually type one of those options into the uni?

If you want to control that option then yes - again these will get added in with their default values to the moi.ini the first time that you do an export to either SAT, STEP, or IGES formats.

But they are only really of use when importing those files into applications that require data to be structured in a certain special way, probably you won't have any use for them yourself.

> 3. There are new options------values for meshing
> Is this relating to .obj saves?

These new options can be used to control the default values that are used when you save to a mesh format, which includes .obj format.

> Seems the same as before to me?

Yup, that is how it is supposed to be - only if you change those values will you see a difference. For example if you find that every single time you exported a mesh you wished that the angle parameter was set to 6 degrees, you can set that up now by setting Angle=6 in those options.

With that set, then the angle will have a value of 6 when that meshing dialog is initially displayed in a session.

If you do not have a special value that you need all the time for the default, then this setting will not be of any use to you specifically.

- Michael