Requests, lots of it.

230.2 In reply to 230.1 
HI Edwin, thank you for your feedback!

> - A "scene" browser with group functionality

I want to do this one eventually, but it will probably be a while because it is such a major piece of user interface work. Major user interface pieces tend to be very time consuming work on my part, so they tend to get postponed a bit.

> - Camera control defineable or like Lightwave / Modo.

I should be able to do something about this. How do the controls for zoom, pan, and rotate work in Lightwave/Modo ?

> - Simple coloring of parts.

I want to do this one eventually as well, but it is kind of in a larger category of providing and editing object properties, which is again a bit of a significant interface area.

> - Control handles

I guess this is a recurring theme... Another area that I want to do eventually but will come in a bit slowly. I'm rather thinking of having something a bit more like an Illustrator type frame handles here. But this will be for handling rotation and scaling only, moving objects doesn't require a handle because you just drag on an object already to do that.

> - A "scale to" function

This one is possible using MoI's current scale tool. In fact, you can do it using one less step than you describe there, because you don't even need to do a measurement of the existing object to find out its numeric size.

Here's what you do - move your window so that it shares a corner with the hole in the wall that you want to fit it to. Then run Transform/Scale. Pick the shared corner as the origin point. For the first reference point, grab the end of the window, and for the second reference point grab the end of the hole in the wall.

Scale is set up this way so that you can do a quick measurement built into the tool and scale things to fit relative to existing geometry.

Please let me know if you need more details on how this works.

> ps. is it an idea to make a roadmap with features you want to implement?
> Maybe a sticky on the forum where people can add requests?

This is assuming I have a roadmap... :) I don't exactly have a very fixed roadmap, more of just a general sense of direction. Things are rather fluid, things change quite a bit depending on a combination of what most people are asking for and also what things have had their design solidify the most.

The roadmap is more set for stuff that is happening soon. Like I can tell you that the next beta release is focused on finishing up the mesh export stuff, including bug fixes and some new meshing controls. Then the one after that will have some of the most frequently requested features in it which includes arrays/replication and image backgrounds at the top of the list.

I kind of like to get requests just as freeform discussion like you have done here.

- Michael