Requests, lots of it.

230.17 In reply to 230.15 
Hi Edwin,

> ALT + mouse = rotate
> ALT + CTRL + Mouse = zoom in/out
> ALT + SHIFT + Mouse = pan

So all you need is Zoom, right? Rotate and Pan should already be working with these in MoI.

Do you use a mouse or a tablet? If you use a mouse, I'm curious why you would not want to zoom with the scroll wheel instead of Alt+Ctrl+Mouse - does the scroll wheel not control zooming in Lightwave and Modo?

> When scaling a very large object to a small object, the large objects
> can obstruct the view alot when lining up the origin points.
> It would be handy to select 2 origin points. One for the correctly scaled
> model and the other for the one that needs to be scaled WITHOUT them
> being in the same x,y,z point.
> That way i can move the "wrong" object out of my view and scale more eaily.

I don't think I can easily add this directly into scale, because it would force an extra pick every time which would often times not be needed.

Eventually I think there will be a different re-orient tool that will handle a combination of movement, rotation and scaling that would behave like you are asking for. That will be a little bit before that is ready though.

In the meantime, there is an easy workaround - you can place point objects (Draw curve / Point) at any key points on the large object, then you can select the large object and hide it, leaving just your smaller object and those points to snap on to. You could also draw an extra line there as well, but points may be a little easier to select afterwards to delete them.

Point objects are good to use as markers like this because they are easy to see and select since they draw in front of everything else.

- Michael