Requests, lots of it.

Hi Michael, could you look into/implement these features?

- A "scene" browser with group functionality
reason: A model can be build from hundred parts. A part can be created by multiple "splines"
It would be great to group the splines AND the part into one (nameable) group so i can quickly jump to a part without searching the model itself.

- Camera control defineable or like Lightwave / Modo.
reason: i'm used to work with both Lightwave and Modo. Both have the same camera-controls (zoom, pan, rotate).
Is it possible to let the user define these controls? Right now i often press the wrong keys in Moi3d but ALSO in Lightwave and Modo :-)

- Simple coloring of parts.
reason: it's easier to spot parts within a model. Also, make lines a different color then parts.
A swept model could be grey but the lines that BUILT the model blue.

- Control handles
reason: i understand Moi3d is built with a tablet in mind but it would be handy (and easy) for mouse users to have handles when modifying a model.

- A "scale to" function
THis is something REALLY cool i often use in Modo (with a plug-in). It lets you select a line of a model, select "scale to" and enter the size the line should be. The rest of the model is scaled accordingly. Example: I have modeled a house. The house doesn't have windows yet, but it does have the rectangle cut out off the wall. I can then select a line of that rectangle and i see it's 20,5 units wide. Then i start modeling a window in a new file. When i'm done i select a line of that window, tell Moi3d it should be 20,5 units wide and the entire window is scaled (proportional) as well. I now have a perfectly fitting window without constantly having to measure my work. I hope this makes sense :-)

probably more comming in a couple of days :-)

Edwin

ps. is it an idea to make a roadmap with features you want to implement? Maybe a sticky on the forum where people can add requests?