Tablet

2287.3 In reply to 2287.2 
Hi Eric,

Regarding MoI Michael said it all. You won't get any specific gains in MoI from having a tablet like you would in sculpting/painting apps like ZBrush or Painter. It's just that MoI has been designed with tablet users in mind (unlike some other programs). There are some apps that really can't used well without a mouse.

I have been using tablets for years. I have had RSI in my wrist since the late 80's, and using a mouse can be quite painful. Using a tablet keeps the wrist and the shoulder in a more natural position and minimizes my discomfort.

If you don't have any problems with your current setup then you don't really need a tablet, unless you paint and sculpt on your PC. In this case a tablet will be very beneficial.

If you decide to go for a tablet then Wacom are the best. I highly recommend the Intuos 3. I have an A5 at work and an A4 are home. If you have a wide screen or dual monitor setup then look at the A5 wide.

There was another thread about tablets a while ago - http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2252.1

Hope this helps.

Regards
Tony