Cplane problem/request

2270.3 In reply to 2270.1 
Hi Kevin - I'm not quite sure if I understand the problem completely, I may need some more details.

> It would be great if you could set the cplane to the desired
> orientation and still work in the top, right or front viewports
> so you can accurately draw over your blueprints onto the cplane.

Actually it should be working like that already.

After you place the cplane to your desired location, your Top, Front, and Right viewports will change to be relative views of that new orientation (unless you unchecked the "Apply to all views" option in which case they stay looking in the world directions).

Once you have set the cplane, you can then place any background blueprints that you want which will by default take the orientation of the new cplane in each view when they are initially drawn. You then can proceed to work in that view normally just like you want, unless I am missing something that is not working for you?

Note though that any images that you placed prior to setting the cplane will not be relocated when you place the cplane - that is intentional, same thing as how any objects you previously drew (like for instance a rectangle) do not change to align with the new cplane automatically. But if you draw a new rectangle after placing the cplane, it will take the cplane's orientation. Basically there is no difference between drawing a rectangle and drawing an image, they behave the same if that helps explain it?

An image is not necessarily fixed to only be locked to a particular view, for example you can rotate an image to any angle it does not have to only be tied to the x and y axis directions of a view like maybe you were expecting?

But if you want one aligned to the view, just place it after your cplane is placed and that should do what you want, right?

Please let me know if that is not right.

- Michael