Feature request and a few other questions

2249.6 In reply to 2249.5 
Hi Brian,

> I am avoiding adding things--- at this stage.

That's probably a good idea as I'm also making changes so it is kind of a moving target.

But if you really want to set it up like you described, you can edit some things in notepad to get what you requested there, the instructions are in that link I posted.

> (When will the next beta come out/when the actual V2?

It tends to be difficult for me to know in advance how long it will take to finish any particular piece. It usually takes me a while longer than I initially expect to drive it to a high level of quality and not have many bugs, have a nice UI design, etc... So it just tends to be pretty easy for any guess at a timeframe to just be wrong, sorry! But my current guess would be maybe 2 weeks for the next beta and final v2 sometime around March or so.

I guess I could put one out earlier than that if you would like a version that crashed a lot and generally didn't behave well... Do you think that would be better to have stuff out quicker but less quality?

> really, really suprised that others have not requested similar to mine.

I think that so far you're the only one who requested that particular arrangement...

It's just a far more common and typical style to have horizontal things start with a left-alignment, at least in the English language...

Most every kind of UI that you will see will tend to stack things up on the left, like other program's menu items (File, Edit, etc...) - tabs in web browsers, etc.. etc... they all tend to start with items on the left and then stack towards the right, it's just the more typical convention.

There have been more requests about putting the entire side pane from the right side to the left side, for left-handed people, and the last beta has a new option to control that.

> The right side layout, as I think originally suggested by
> Steve, would be a big bonus for easy work flow.

Which one was this? Do you have a link? I'm not quite sure which one you're referring to.

- Michael