Feature request and a few other questions

Hi Michael and all,
I’ve been using MoI for some time and have been recommending it to family, friends and associates. (anyone who will listen to me, that is). Having used other 3d modelers, I am amazed at what Moi can do. I am also amazed at what my fellow MoI users can do. This is my first time writing.
Feature request: In a reply to Daniele (BADANS) posted on 21 September 2007, you mentioned the possibility of including a Tapered Extrude in a future version of MoI. Is that still a possibility? I have been using the work around, using OFFSET + MOVE + LOFT between the two curves, but I would find a dedicated control so much easier to visualize and work out the final proportions of my projects.
Question 1: When offsetting a curve, such as ellipse or freeform, the resulting new curve has so many more control points, especially along the tighter bends, even though the newer curve doesn’t seem to be that much more complex than the original. I can often delete many of these “extra” control points without any perceivable effect on the curve at all. Why? I’m just curious. If the answer is too complex you need not answer.
Question 2: Maybe this is a bug; or maybe I have wrongly adjusted some setting. I did not notice before today. When I offset a curve, then try to move the original, there remains a connection between the original and offset curves, such that moving the original changes the shape of the newer curve. I notice that the connection breaks if I move the newer curve, even if I move it away from and back to its original position.
Michael, thank you for your patience and your sense of craftsmanship.
Dan